Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome

welcome -- to accept with pleasure the occurrence or presence of 

What a lovely word! It brings up images of smiling faces, hugs, and laughter. Tables ladened with food, autumn floral arrangements, and cornucopias. 

To be welcomed is one of the great joys in life. Open arms that say I am wanted. My arrival has been anticipated with joy. 

How well do I welcome others? 

It is so easy in this busy-centered society of ours to make welcoming an aside -- to brush it off. 

I like the idea of intentional welcoming. So I am going to work on stopping what I am doing and warmly welcome all who enter my presence. Looking them the eye with a smile that says, "This is a pleasure".

linking up at 5 minute friday

2 comments:

  1. Perfect!
    What a pleasure to read your post today!
    Moved in next door and have the coffee brewing ... you're welcome to come over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog over on Lisa Jo's website. I've been reading through some of your archived entries as well as your "31 days" posts. I just wanted to tell you to keep writing! You have a gift and I believe that what you have to say will help countless others in the future! Definitely stick with it! :) Will be looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.