Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

May by You Monday -- Easy White Chicken Chili

I've been in one of those "I don't want to grocery shop" moods lately. This leads to creative pantry/freezer cooking. I've also been in one of those "I don't want to cook moods" as well, so that means find something I can throw together at the last minute for dinner. Happily sometimes that can turn out really well. For example:
White Chicken Chili

32 oz. organic chicken broth
2 (15-oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I used cannellini)
1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breasts, drained
1 small can green chilis (I used mild, but whatever)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn (you could use canned)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
olive oil
1 t. dried oregano
coarse ground black pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a dutch oven and saute onion and garlic until transparent. Add remaining ingredients, breaking up chunks of chicken and stirring well. Simmer at least 15-20 minutes.
Serves 4-6

Happy Eating!

linking up at Skip to My Lou

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.