Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Opportunity

Opportunity is knocking at your door.

It's a new year. Clean slate. And this year seems like an opportunity.

Most years I look at the changeover as just another day, and while that is true, this year feels different somehow.

I see options and opportunities instead of frustrations and guilt. I see wide vistas instead of tiny squares stuffed too full of pain.

I spent most of last year letting go of blinders and distractions. I'm still working on that, but I'm feeling more comfortable with letting go. More comfortable in saying "no" and doing what I want or need. And that opens me up to possibilities, options, mistakes, and successes. 

I chose a word for the year: purpose. I'm not sure where that word will take me, but I see lots of opportunities with that word. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to look for purpose. Maybe I'll find a purpose . . . or two or three or more. 

I'm grabbing hold of the opportunity and watching to be shown my purpose.


linking up at Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your word for 2013. Purpose. So full!! It sounds like you experienced a lot of freedom in 2012. I hope that this year brings direction and purpose!

    I'm stopping by from Five Minute Fridays.

    Here's my post for today: http://beautifulinhistime.com/2013/01/04/opportunity-five-minute-friday/

    And my word for 2013: http://beautifulinhistime.com/2013/01/01/home-one-word-for-2013/

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.