Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . January 8, 2013

Outside my window . . . still cold this morning, but we supposed to be warmer and mostly sunny. We are moving into another stretch of unseasonably warm weather. One of my pots of bulbs is pushing through the dirt.


I am thinking . . . what a relief it is to be feeling better. I am not 100% yet, but I'm much better than I was even a couple of days ago.

I am thankful . . . for a return to better health. I can't remember the last time I was so ill! I am so thankful to be able to care for my family again. I really missed mothering and wifeing.

In the kitchen . . . last night was Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken, corn pudding, and green beans. Yummy!

I am wearing . . . my flannel robe and slippers.

I am creating . . . still working on afghans although there has been very little crocheting while I was sick. Who knew it was so tiring! I repaired a rosary and finished another one yesterday.


I am going . . . to the Apple store today to find out what to do with a generation 3 iPod touch that doesn't work anymore. And to the Brighton store to look at a new bracelet. I got one for Christmas, but I think I want a different style since the one I got is going to be tight as I add charms and beads to it.

I am wondering . . . about returning to work on telling my story. I've not written about the abuse in quite awhile. I feel I need to write more.

I am reading . . . One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I got this book for Christmas 2011 and am just now getting around to reading it.

I am looking forward to . . . continued improvement in my health and a return to my normal routines.

I am hearing . . . dd chatting and listening to her music . . . quietly.

Around the house . . . I am actually enjoying putting things back in order. Huge kudos to my dd who did an amazing job of taking care of things while I was out of commission.

I am pondering . . . whether of not I can hold on to this more positive outlook that seems to follow an illness. Everything seems better after having been so sick.

One of my favorite things . . . seeing the smile on my husband's face when he surprises me with flowers, like he did yesterday. 


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a trip to the mall this afternoon and hopefully Bible study tomorrow. That may be about all I can handle this week.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
flowers from dh


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.