Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . January 15, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is very cold, cloudy, and wet. We have run the gamut in the past week. Over the weekend we had near record highs and thunderstorms. Now we are stuck in the 30's with freezing rain and sleet. January.


I am thinking . . . how quickly moods can shift. Our crazy weather of late has had us all a bit grumpy. Add to that ds is contemplating a change in major (and college?), dd started a new internship, FIL retired due to illness, and SIL's mother died. And that's all in the last week!

I am thankful . . . for so much good conversation with my ds while he was home for the holiday break. He goes back to college today. I will miss him.

In the kitchen . . . things have been very busy lately:






I am wearing . . . jammies, my flannel robe, slippers, and my favorite shawl. It's cold.

I am creating . . . a new baby afghan using this pattern.


I am going . . . to be stuck at home again today (not that I'm complaining) since dh's car is out of commission.

I am wondering . . . if I can really do this memorization project. I really want to, but I am a very slow memorizer!

I am reading . . . One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

I am looking forward to . . . a massage this afternoon. I found a new masseuse last month and she is fabulous!

I am hearing . . . dd getting ready for work and the dogs settling in for morning naps. They've been up for over 20 minutes!

Around the house . . . I had a great day yesterday! I am using this schedule sheet from Ann Voskamp. So far I'm really liking it.

I am pondering . . . these words: explore, trust, accept, release, create

One of my favorite things . . . is calm. I've mentioned this before. I don't like confrontation and I want everyone to be happy all the time. Can you see how I add stress to my life!?!


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . more homemaking, blogging, memorizing, Bible study, and a funeral visitation and memorial to attend. Plus sending ds back to college. Whew!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
gf, ds, bf eating soup

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.