Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 22, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is cold! We are in the teens and not expected to get above freezing at all today. Clear skies though.

I am thinking . . . about so many things right now! Working on my blog and telling my story. Helping out with my FIL and others who are sick or grieving, and still trying to get back into my groove after being so sick over the holidays.

I am thankful . . . for every gift from above. I realize that is a generalization, but that is how I'm truly feeling today.

In the kitchen . . . I made chicken and black bean soup last night. I served it with blue corn tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and sour cream. Quite tasty!

I am wearing . . . yoga clothes. Not sure if I'm going to class or doing a DVD. It's too cold to want to leave, but it would be nice to see the yoga peeps.

I am creating . . . afghans and hats and coasters -- oh my! I think I need more focus in my focus!

I am going . . . to get my haircut -- eventually. I've been trying to get in to get it done since before we left for Florida in early December. Maybe today's the day!

I am wondering . . . where my crocheting mojo has gone. I just am too tired in the evenings to work on it, and can't seem to find time during the day.

I am reading . . . One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho last night. Nice read, but I'm not sure what all the brouhaha was about. Thinking about read Les Miserables now because I want to see the movie, but have never read it or seen the play. I know, I know how did I let that happen?

I am looking forward to . . . a day at home with no interruptions. I hope.

I am hearing . . . Yaya whining to be let out of her case. She's not going to happy when I let her outside either. 

Around the house . . . dd has just about finished deep cleaning the bonus room, i.e., scrubbing walls and the tile floor on her hands and knees! Bless her heart she is earning jewels in her crown (and some spending money from mama!)

I am pondering . . . Life of Pi. Dh and I went to see the movie (finally) yesterday. They did a wonderful job with it and I'm glad I saw it, but I didn't really think about how exhausting it would be to watch it all unfold in just 2 hours. I still don't know how it got a PG rating. I would not have taken my children to see it. Wonderful movie for adults.

One of my favorite things . . . is hedgehogs, and one of my besties sent me this link last week. How cute are these!?!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . housework, trying to get the new curtains made for the bathroom. I really, really hope I'm going to get back to my Precepts class on Thursday. I haven't seen those dear ladies since before Thanksgiving!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
yes, that is a squirrel IN my bird feeder!


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.