Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . February 12, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's sunny with a few, wispy, white clouds, but it's cold. 

I am thinking . . . about trials, temptations, and testing. Things have been a bit tough around here (getting better, thank you very much!), and the sermon on Sunday focused on these comments. You may listen to it here.

I am thankful . . . for the improvements that have come since the weekend, and praying that they will continue.

In the kitchen . . . last night was cooked apples, fresh bread, and chicken sausages (we were supposed to have steamed broccoli, but none of us could get excited it about it.)

I am wearing . . . my gown, robe, and slippers -- my shawl and a lap robe. I'm cold!

I am creating . . . a lighter weight version of the Sweet September Shawl. The only problem is I'm not sure I have enough yarn to complete it : (

I am going . . .  to get another massage! I bought a Groupon a while back for a series of 3 massages, and I was able to schedule them back to back for 3 consecutive weeks. How fun is that!?!

I am wondering . . . how it is my daughter can talk SO MUCH! Except . . . well, it could be hereditary.

I am reading . . . The Sherlockian by Graham Moore. It's good, I just can't seem to find the time to read on it.

I am looking forward to . . . the coming spring weather. We haven't really had much winter weather here so far, but this time of year always gets me started thinking about springtime. 

I am hearing . . . chit chat with my daughter as I try to write this post. That's my excuse for disjointed train of thought.

Around the house . . . I am continuing with my efforts to be more consistently organized without "shoulding" on myself, and using guilt as a motivator.

I am pondering . . . changes. My FIL is dying from pulmonary fibrosis. It is very difficult watching his decline, and especially difficult watching my husband begin to grieve the loss of his father. Prayers welcomed.

One of my favorite things . . . gnomes!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . massage, yoga, and dinner for grad students on Friday night.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
saw this in a gallery in Chattanooga.
Love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.