Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hobby . . . Hobbies?

Do I have a hobby . . . 

Why yes I do. As matter of fact I have several of them. 

1. Reading -- for years it was nothing but fiction. Lots of escapism through mysteries and crime novels. I think I liked the way the pieces fell into place, and the bad guys got caught and punished.



2. Crochet -- I picked this up again a few years ago. I always have at least one project going, but usually it's more like 5 or 6.



3. Cooking -- I've mentioned before, I'm not a frou-frou cook, but I do love good, basic, comfort food. I'm a little bit of a food snob, and avoid most things prepackaged (although I do have a few guilty pleasures!).



4. Sewing -- I have a love hate relationship with sewing. I am a perfectionist and so I am frequently disappointed with my finished projects, but I'm working on cutting myself some slack, and finding projects I enjoy doing just for the fun of it.



I'm sure I could list another 5-6 hobbies depending on you choose to categorize hobbies, but that should give you a general answer to the question. 

How about you? Do you a hobby . . . or 2 or 3?


linking up with 31 day blog challenge



4 comments:

  1. Glad I am not the only one that likes reading! I feel like most people will say things like skydiving or bungee jumping... Yay for readers!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently trying to pick up crochet and sewing. I have all the supplies, and several "how to" books, but haven't quite mastered either one. My goal is to be able to crochet blankets, sew curtains and decorative pillows, and other "so called easy" projects.I love the crochet piece in your picture...VERY prety. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a lot of readers as I hop around the blogs. Good hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sue Grafton, and I recently checked out Wonder from the library. I also love to cook and sew. The only thing I can't do is crochet; I've tried. Great hobbies.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.