Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Missing Fridays

Something that I miss . . . 

I miss Friday nights.

Yes, I know we still have Friday nights, but I miss the Friday nights of my childhood. Television was geared for families. We watched things like The Monkees 


and The Brady Bunch. 


And Love, American Style -- I adored that show! 


And later when we were older, we watched Kolchak: The Night Stalker and got really scared, curled up under blankets eating popcorn we'd popped on the stove.


I miss the innocence of television from those days. And the limits it had. I watched the signal go off at midnight, which meant nothing would be on again until the 6 am news that included the farm report.

It wasn't all perfect. We had to watch the video clips from Vietnam. They were gut wrenchingly terrible, but it was all so far away.

I miss having that one night when TV was just fun. 




linking up with 31 day blog challenge

2 comments:

  1. Ah I, too, miss the innocence of TV

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good shows that aren't around anymore. Sure, we have a few good shows now, but it sure seems like the ones years ago were so much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.