Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . March 5, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is pouring down rain. It's still dark, but a bolt of lightening brought me fully awake a half hour ago.

I am thinking . . . about the day and week ahead. 

I am thankful . . . for a loving husband. He works hard to support us all financially, but he works even harder to be an emotional support and anchor for all us.

In the kitchen . . . last night was a simple pasta in red sauce. I haven't done actual menus for this week, so it's a little haphazard. I'm pretty sure it will be chicken, baked potatoes, and something green tonight.

I am wearing . . . a big t-shirt (I'm still sitting in bed typing this).

I am creating . . . still working on the scarf, but I also started a baby afghan for some friends who are expecting a baby girl very soon.

I am going . . . to get a massage today. Hoping for relaxation and no flashbacks.

I am wondering . . . about memory and how the brain stores and processes it. It's a constant consideration for me, as I work through the abuse and its long-term impact on my life. My first counselor told me that, in general, it takes 3-5 years to work through each episode of abuse. I was abused by 6 different people on more occasions than I can enumerate, so I remind myself daily that it's okay that I'm still processing. 

I am reading . . . Wonder by R. J. Palacio



I am looking forward to . . . a quick trip back to Chattanooga at the end of the week with Alan. 

I am hearing . . . rain, thunder, and the sound machine.

Around the house . . . things are straight, but it's past time for some serious dusting!

I am pondering . . . how best to help my husband and FIL during this time of illness and decline.

One of my favorite things . . . is my birthday. Tomorrow I will be 51 (that can't possibly be right!). Regardless of the number, I always enjoy making the day about myself, and doing things I really want to do. I guess it's just the kid in me.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a massage later today, my birthday tomorrow, a quick trip with the hubs, then my son comes home for spring break, and maybe more company on Sunday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.