Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Friends


One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

I have three. One is a blessing, but three? My cup runneth over.

And it's a good thing right now. Yesterday I sent a text to all of them. We're running out of time on this earth with my father-in-law. Within minutes they had all responded.

Caroline is praying.

Linda is coming today to help me get some meals in the freezer and straighten the house a bit.

Keith came last night and helped us pick funeral music, and made my husband laugh (a true friend!).

I've known Linda and Caroline since a high school production of "Fiddler on the Roof".

I've know Keith since we were 7 years old, and he was the new kid from Maine expatriated to Tennessee. 

We've been through everything together. And I do mean everything. Identity crises, high school, college, dating, break-ups, marriage, divorce, kids, and now death of parents. 

They are the first people I call in times of trouble and sadness.

They are the friends that stick closer than a brother. 

They are the hands and feet of Jesus in my life.

And I love them more than they will ever know.

linking up with Five Minute Friday






3 comments:

  1. oh my ... we started out with the same verse! looks like there's a few of us who were on the same page at the same moment!

    I love that God's at work!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you extra sweetly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! "They are the hands and feet of Jesus"- what a descriptive way to describe your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.