Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Here

We're here. We're home. Not where I expected to be today. I expected to be driving back from Gulf Shores. Well actually wherever we had stayed last night on our way home from Gulf Shores.

Instead we got here yesterday afternoon, because we left early from Gulf Shores because my father-in-law took a turn for the worse, and my husband just needed to be back here.

Here is good because it's home, and comfortable, and I have everything of mine easily accessible.

But there was good too. There were fewer "have-to's" and "need to's". And there was a beach. With sand, and waves, and sun, and wind. Happy children playing. Older couples holding hands and walking through the waves together. And there was the sand castle. The one my husband and I built together. The first sand castle I'd ever built. 

I brought all those pictures and memories with me here, to help me get through what's coming here. 

So here is good because it's home, and it's good because I brought all the memories back with me.




linking up with five minute friday




1 comment:

  1. It always feels good to return home.

    Those are some pretty intricate sand castles!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.