Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . April 2, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and chilly. We're still stuck in an unusual spring, but we did have sunshine all day yesterday.

I am thinking . . . about a call I got 7 years ago telling me that a friend's son was MIA. The call came later that he was dead. I remember going into the bathroom and crying. Remembering you today, David Bass (cpl, Marines).

I am thankful . . . some improvements around here in moods. It's still a little sketchy though.

In the kitchen . . . we were supposed to have Succotash Soup, but when I went to put it together I realized I'd forgotten to buy lima beans! So instead with Black Bean and Corn Soup. It needs a little spicing up, but it was pretty tasty.

I am wearing . . . my robe and my slippers.

I am creating . . . the scarf for a play and a fun little stuffed turtle for me.

I am going . . . to check on my FIL today. We are taking turns checking in on him -- running errands, doing a little housework, fixing meals, etc. I'm taking his laundry back to him today, and just visiting for a bit.

I am wondering . . . 

I am reading . . . Kinsey and Me: Stories by Sue Grafton

I am looking forward to . . . a little get away next week with dh. We still don't really know where we're going or how long we'll be gone. Just know we are heading SOUTH!

I am hearing . . . silence, and the dogs whining to be let out of their crates.

Around the house . . . the beginnings of spring cleaning.

I am pondering . . . hard things. We are going through a difficult season in our house, and I am reminding myself that God is always present. 

One of my favorite things . . . is a good productive and fun day. I need more of those right now, but I think there is just so much to do that it is hard to feel productive when I see everything that didn't get done.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . my FIL today and Thursday, a meeting tomorrow, dinner guests Thursday, hopefully a haircut on Friday, helping dh with a grad school project on Saturday, and then heading out for a few days of rest and relaxation!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
tulips from dh last week


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.