Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . April 16, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's cloudy and warm. We're expecting some rain today, which might settle some of the pollen : )

I am thinking . . . about the bombings in Boston yesterday. As everyone else is saying and feeling today, I am praying for them and praying for our nation.

I am thankful . . . for time spent with my besties over the weekend. It was just the "pick me up" my soul was needing.

In the kitchen . . . last night was chicken and veggie kabobs with a spinach-strawberry salad. 

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe. I went through clothes yesterday and put away most of my winter things.

I am creating . . . the scarf is completed and delivered! I'm enjoying working on the baby blanket now and cut out squares on Saturday for a quilted sewing machine cover.

I am going . . . to "The Armchair Mystic" on Saturday. Haven't read the book yet, but I'm quite intrigued with the concept.

I am wondering . . .  about big things: bombings, love, anger, joy, hate, and peace.

I am reading . . . V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton. Kinsey Millhone is one of my all time favorite characters.

I am looking forward to . . . another day of seeing things as "accomplishments" instead of looking at what didn't get done.

I am hearing . . . quiet, as I type and the dogs wander the house this morning.

Around the house . . . I am hoping the spring cleaning bug stays for a while. My house sure needs it : )

I am pondering . . . the joy I find in routine, and yet how difficult it can be to establish and maintain.

One of my favorite things . . . is completing projects, and I'm very happy I completed the scarf project over the weekend. The young man who ordered it will be playing Horton in "Seussical: The Musical" in a local production in May.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a visit with my FIL today, a meeting tomorrow, my bestie coming over on Thursday to help with some sorting and cleaning, date night on Friday, the seminar on Saturday, and worship on Sunday. Whew -- that's a full week for me.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.