Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . April 23, 2013

Outside my window . . . we are looking forward to mid-70's and sunshine today. A perfect spring day.

I am thinking . . . about my father-in-law and my husband. FIL is losing ground quickly in his fight against pulmonary fibrosis. It is a sad and difficult time for all of us.

I am thankful . . . for all the wonderful support, help, and prayers my family has received throughout my FIL's illness. It has made all the difference for of us.

In the kitchen . . . not much of late as we are grabbing a bite here and there as we can.

I am wearing . . . the usual summer weight robe, but now I've added flip-flops.

I am creating . . . a baby blanket. Shhh . . . it's a secret.

I am going . . . to see a friend for lunch tomorrow and another for lunch on Sunday.

I am wondering . . .  about the meditation seminar I attended on Saturday. I really enjoyed it and learned so very much. I want to add daily meditation to my routine, but am wondering if now is the best time.

I am reading . . . finishing up V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton, and hope to start on The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing.

I am looking forward to . . . seeing some folks I haven't seen in a long time later this week.

I am hearing . . . me sipping my tea.

Around the house . . . spring cleaning has not continued as I'd hoped, but I see more in the future.

I am pondering . . . the vagaries of death. We are unfortunately somewhat fixated on death and dying right now. I am praying for a peaceful transition or graduation as my FIL calls it.

One of my favorite things . . . are pinwheels spinning in the wind. I have two on my front porch that make me smile each time I see them spin, especially when the sun hits them just right creating a prism of light on my workroom walls and ceiling.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . the aforementioned lunches, a new yoga cd (thanks, dh!), finishing up my library book, and getting through the week in general.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
cotton summer weight yarn for another project


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.