Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . April 9, 2013

Outside my window . . . is a beautiful view of white beaches and surf. Dh and I are in Gulf Shores for a few days, and loving it.

I am thinking . . . my FIL. His health is continuing to decline. We snuck away for a few days to recharge our batteries so we will be better able to care for him.

I am thankful . . . to be in this lovely place with my dh. The problems at home haven't gone away, but it is a great blessing to have a little break, some rest, and soak up some rays!

In the kitchen . . . NOT ME. I'm off kitchen duty for the week and it's quite nice to be served instead of serving.

I am wearing . . . casual beach attire. Capris and t-shirts, or bathing suit and coverup. 

I am creating . . . finishing up the scarf and then got a baby blanket to finish.

I am going . . . to sit here with my tea for a bit and then maybe take a walk on the beach.

I am wondering . . .  how little I can get away with doing today.

I am reading . . . A Cast of Killers by Sidney Kirkpatrick. I saw this on a friend's Facebook page and was intrigued. I love old Hollywood stories, and this is about an unsolved murder from 1922.

I am looking forward to . . . another afternoon of lazing on beach with my book.

I am hearing . . . dh chatter about his work emails. He always checks them when we're on vacation so he doesn't get slammed when we get home.

Around the house . . . dd is holding down the fort. She is taking care of the dogs, and checking on FIL regularly.

I am pondering . . . very little right now. I'm letting my "ponderer" take a break for vacation.

One of my favorite things . . . is the beach. We didn't "do" the beach when I was growing up. I started going to the beach with friends in high school and college, but dh is the one who has helped me really appreciate it. There is such a calming effect from just sitting on the beach with a good book and letting the sound of the waves and wind wash away the stress.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . enjoying Gulf Shores until we head home this weekend. Then a fun day with my besties on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
it's so cool having a my own photographer
photo by dh (Alan Pennington)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.