Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . May 7, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is partly cloudy with a cold wind. Hopefully the rain is gone and we will see some sunshine today.

I am thinking . . . about trying to get some order around our house.

I am thankful . . . for my bff, Linda, who helped me work on sorting things at my FIL's house yesterday.

In the kitchen . . . chicken and herb tortellini with marinara sauce.

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe, but I'm wishing I had on something a bit warmer.

I am creating . . . a scarf to give a way, and some prayer beads that were special ordered.

I am going . . . to get my haircut this week or die trying!

I am wondering . . . about the calming effect of my daily Bible devotion. It is amazing to me how much better my days run when I make sure to get those few quiet moments in each morning.

I am reading . . . Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey. Very dark!

I am looking forward to . . . another fun day on Saturday with my besties. I am in need again : )

I am hearing . . . birds chirping. 

Around the house . . . we have a nest of house wren (I think) in a box on the carport. The box had been set outside to breakdown for recycling, but the mama bird found it and built her nest in the back corner. We now have at least 3 baby birds! I saw them begging for food yesterday as I was unloading the car.

I am pondering . . . this idea of normalcy. Perhaps what I'm really craving is routine. I find that the older I get the more I like my routine, and the more it annoys me to have it disturbed.

One of my favorite things . . . is planning new crafting ideas. I have orders for prayer beads waiting in my in box, and I've reached the point in crocheting that I can pick something to make "just because". I love that!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . working at FIL's house, fighting the chaos in my own home, date night with dh, and a fun day with the besties.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.