Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . May 21, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's sunny and warm. We're in the 80's again today. Lots of birds and bugs flying around.

I am thinking . . . that I am blessed. 

I am thankful . . . for my bestie, LBB, and ds who helped me make some serious progress around the house yesterday.

In the kitchen . . . last night was pot roast, roasted tomatoes, garlic potatoes, and green bean casserole. Tonight we're having 4 Bean Enchiladas and spinach salad.

I am wearing . . . workout capris and a sleeveless swing top.

I am creating . . . a pillow for my front porch made from scraps of cotton yarn I have left over from previous projects using this pattern. Almost done. I bought the pillow form today and just have to finish it up today or tonight.

I am going . . . to enjoy being around the house again today, striking some more order before I have to make another trip to FIL's house on Thursday for more packing up.

I am wondering . . . when the pollen will settle down around here. We have been on high alert for a good stretch, and it really makes it uncomfortable to get outside and enjoy the spring weather. Oh well, this too shall pass : )

I am reading . . . Mom in the Mirror by Dena Cabrera and Emily Weirenga. Excellent so far. I highly recommend it.

I am looking forward to . . . getting my summer routine up and running. I'm not sure exactly what it will look like, but I'm making plans.

I am hearing . . .  peace and quiet, and a little traffic.

Around the house . . . huge progress made in the dining room and kitchen yesterday. Cleaned out the china cabinets and all the kitchen cabinets. 

I am praying . . . for all the people impacted in Oklahoma by the tornadoes yesterday.

One of my favorite things . . . is not being over-extended. I am beginning to feel that I'm getting a little control back in my schedule and it is quite lovely.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . not much this week which is just fine with me. More puttering around the house, more crocheting, more beading, a meeting tomorrow, and dd's birthday as well on Wednesday. Then work at FIL's on Thursday, and Friday's looking pretty clear.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my study spot for last Saturday's quiet day



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.