Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 25, 2013

Outside my window . . . pale blue skies with a few wispy clouds. It's 75 degrees going up to 91.

I am thinking . . . that mood swings are bad enough without adding mind altering antibiotics to the mix.

I am thankful . . . for good friends to spend the day with that will hopefully lift my spirits.

In the kitchen . . . this morning I had fresh, organic blueberries, Greek yogurt, Tennessee honey, and organic granola along with my Irish breakfast tea. 

I am wearing . . . my cotton batiste gown from Vermont Country Store.

I am creating . . . a surprise goodie for a Facebook game I signed up for.

I am going . . . to hang out with my bestie, LBB, and get some sewing done.

I am wondering . . . about getting a smartphone, and whether or not I can justify the expense. And, can I get one without getting them for my kids, even though they really want them?

I am reading . . . Evolving in Monkey Town by Rachel Held Evans. Quite interesting and very funny.

I am looking forward to . . . nothing specific which could explain my mood.

I am hearing . . . dd chattering on the phone while she fixes her breakfast, lunch, and dinner for her long day of work and school.

Around the house . . . dh has made amazing headway in his workroom and new storage shed. I wish I had before and after pictures so you could fully appreciate the improvements.

I am praying . . . for 3 friends who are expecting babies soon.

One of my favorite things . . . is my Blessing basket. I carry my crocheting in it everywhere I go, and get lots of compliments!


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . sewing with LBB today, a meeting tomorrow, and then general housework and getting back to my exercise routine for the remainder of the week.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

happiness!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.