Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 2, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's a little hazy but the pollen/humidity are way down. The temp is a pleasant 68 degrees. So I'm writing with doors thrown wide open.

I am thinking . . . how lovely it was to catch up with one of my favorite bloggers last night. Erica from The Girl Next Door Grows Up is back!

I am thankful . . . for my husband who listens to me when I'm struggling. Yes he offers suggestions and solutions, and no I don't always follow them, but he loves me anyway.

In the kitchen . . . the rut continues. I have about decided it's not the cooking, it's the shopping. I'm trying to buy cleaner foods which requires more thought and planning, as well as going to a couple of different places to get what I need.

I am wearing . . . my white cotton batiste gown.

I am creating . . . my first amigurumi. For some reason this type of crocheting is quite intimidating to me. It could be my perfectionist tendencies. I'm using this pattern so it's very simple.

I am going . . . to get the grocery today. Even I have to admit things are getting skimpy around here.

I am wondering . . . what happened to my schedule for the summer? Oh I know. I got a sinus infection. I'm almost done with the antibiotics and the river of drainage is down to a trickle in the back of my throat. The summer may be salvaged.

I am reading . . . too many things at once, thus getting nowhere fast. I need to settle on one, but I'm having trouble focusing.

I am looking forward to . . . doing something fun with the family this weekend for the 4th. Next week my ds turns 20! I simply don't know how this can be true. I will no longer have teenagers.

I am hearing . . . a very loud crow telling someone or something off in my front yard.

Around the house . . . I'm preparing a new arrangement for the bonus room. It started out as collection of things from my FIL's house, but I've thrown in a few more things. I'll post a picture once it's all up and arranged.

I am praying . . . (this is a hard one for me. I am praying, but I'm not always comfortable sharing my prayers this publicly. I will pray for you.)

One of my favorite things . . . right now is watching Life. The show only ran for 2 seasons, but there is something compelling to me about the characters. That Charlie Crews (Damian Lewis) is just too cute for words.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . grocery shopping, housework (never ending!), sewing, celebrating the 4th. 

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
another finished project


1 comment:

  1. Hey!!!! Thank you so much - you made my day :-)

    I love the Simple Woman's Daybook. I am grocery shopping too today. My husband and I are both on a diet and we have been counting calories so cooking isn't as elaborate as it used to be. Kind of a shocker, but easier for summer.

    BTW I love your super cute blog background. pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.