Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 30, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's cloudy, but cooler this morning. We may get some more rain later today. 

I am thinking . . . too many things! I need a chance for some meditative quiet.

I am thankful . . . to be feeling better again.

In the kitchen . . . last night was a summer pasta dish that I hadn't made in quite a while. Tonight is looking like hamburgers.

I am wearing . . . my cotton batiste nightgown.

I am creating . . . a new curtain for the back bathroom (almost done -- just lack the final hem); a sewing machine cover (which I've kind of gotten stuck on); the corner to corner afghan (which is in basket. That counts as working on, right?); and the half granny square shawl. Here's my progress on it.


I am going . . . nowhere today because my bestie, Linda, is coming over for another sewing day. It's amazing how much more productive I am with her here to chat with while I'm working.

I am wondering . . . Enriched Air Diver course I'm working on right now. Dh and I are headed back to Cozumel in August, and I'm working on nitrox certification.

I am reading . . .  The City of Shadows by Michael Russell on my Kindle Fire which is moving slowly, and still listening to The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris although I'm not really enjoying it.




I am looking forward to . . . autumn. We've had an odd summer, weather-wise, around here. I'm curious if our change in season will follow suit.

I am hearing . . . the dogs whining for breakfast and dd packing her lunch.

Around the house . . . dd cleaned for me over the weekend, so things are looking quite well. It's so nice and relaxing having things in order.

I am praying . . . for my husband's friend who had a tumor (benign) removed from her pituitary gland. She is a young married with a small child. I am praying for a quick and full recovery.

One of my favorite things . . . is chatting with my daughter while she gets ready for work each morning. I sit at the computer while she cooks her breakfast and packs her lunch, and we chat about her plans and mine.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . meeting in the morning, yoga tomorrow afternoon, more crocheting and sewing, dh's 50th birthday is Saturday and I'm still not sure what all we are doing to celebrate, so it could be a very busy weekend!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my dd (and her friend Audrey) in their natural environment!



1 comment:

  1. On a sad note, one of the Great Danes pictured above had to be put down Tuesday night. Very sad. Say a prayer for her family will you please? Aria is the one in the middle of the picture, laying on the floor. She was 8 yrs old (which is old for a GD). She got sick earlier in the week and didn't recover.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.