Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 9, 2013

Outside my window . . . we have sunny blue skies with a temperature of 78 degrees. The humidity is already on the rise.

I am thinking . . . about this day 20 years ago. After spending nearly 3 weeks in the hospital, my son arrived at 5 am 5 weeks premature. He weighed in at 5 lbs. 13 oz. I was quite sick with pre-eclampsia and stayed in intensive care for a full day after he was born. Thankfully we both survived and fully recovered.

I am thankful . . . for my ds and all the joy he brings into my life. My dh wrote this about him today --

Today my little boy turns 20. He's not a rowing champion or a chess master nor did he win a decathlon. He's not a Rhode's scholar but I wouldn't trade all that for his heart of compassion, his gift of music and wonderful sense of humor (among other things). Per his teachers at graduation, the 3 words that best describe Sam are hilarious, visionary and spiritual. What an amazing person. Love you Sam and very proud of who you are. 
Happy bday!


In the kitchen . . . I'll be baking Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake later today for his celebration this evening

I am wearing . . . my cotton batiste gown and an old denim shirt that belonged to my FIL.

I am creating . . . my first amigurumi. Still working on it. It's going to be bigger than the pattern but I figure I'm learning. (For some reason this type of crocheting is quite intimidating to me. It could be my perfectionist tendencies. I'm using this pattern so it's very simple.)

I am going . . . to meet my brother's new wife and children this morning. They live in New Mexico and are home for the first time since getting married in May. I have new nieces and another nephew.

I am wondering . . . about these words -- truth, integrity, peace, salvation, word of God.

I am reading . . . Joyland by Stephen King, and I'm listening to The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris. It's the sequel to Chocolat, a personal favorite (along with the movie!).

I am looking forward to . . . an upcoming get-away with dh in August. Back to Cozumel!

I am hearing . . . peace and quiet.

Around the house . . . we are making good progress in getting my FIL's things assimilated into our home.

I am praying . . . for my children as they move into the next phase of their lives. Dd will finish college this summer. Ds is turning 20 which is a milestone in and of itself.

One of my favorite things . . . is my morning ritual of tea and computer time. I do my blog, check Facebook and emails, and then go to Feedly to see what's happening in the blogosphere.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . celebrating with ds tonight, getting back into an exercise routine, more home improvements, reading, crocheting, and sewing.

Here are pictures for thought I am sharing . . . 






happy 20th to my dear son!



1 comment:

  1. Ah, tea and computer time in the mornings! The only thing on your list that I don't do is Facebook. And I love my mornings for quiet time with the Lord.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.