Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pasta with Chicken and Sausage

Yesterday we had friends over for lunch and I grilled chicken and sausage. Today when I was deciding on dinner I remembered a pasta dish that would be perfect for using my leftover grilled meats.

The original recipe calls for 16 oz. of kielbasa and 2 cans of diced tomatoes, but I had a tomato or two that needed eating, so I substituted (I tend to do that a lot!). This is a lighter pasta dish that is perfect for summer, as well as being a good way of using leftovers.


12 oz. pasta
6-8 oz. grilled chicken
6-8 oz. grilled sausage (I used Aidells')
1 can organic diced tomatoes
1 medium/large tomato, diced
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. minced parsley
grated Parmesan cheese

Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in a skillet on med/hi heat. Toss in tomatoes, chicken, sausage, sugar, and parsley. Cook until heated through and moisture begins to reduce (about 15 minutes). Drain pasta when done and toss with meat sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese.

Serves 6-8


Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.