Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 6, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is gray and cloudy. We had rain early this morning and there may be more today. We've had an unusually wet summer.

I am thinking . . . about the therapeutic relationship. It's an odd thing. There is such a level of intimacy, but in reality it is a one-way street (as it should be). My husband and I watched the first episode of "In Treatment" last night and it was disconcerting for me to watch someone else sit on the sofa and bare her soul.

I am thankful . . . for a good weekend of celebrating my husband's 50th birthday, and having my post from yesterday reposted on emily t. wierenga's stuff I dig (I Thought I Was Fat).

In the kitchen . . . we had oven fried parmesan chicken, succotash, and green bean casserole last night at my ds's request.
leftovers packed for dd's lunch

I am wearing . . . yoga pants and a print yoga tank with my everyday flip-flops. Restorative yoga this morning at 8:30.

I am creating . . . the half granny square shawl. I think it's coming along quite nicely. I'm just not sure I have enough of this yarn to make it as large as I'd like.

last week

this week

I am going . . . to keep on keeping on, as the saying used to go. I've got quite a few things to accomplish before the end of the week, including packing for our diving trip to Cozumel.

I am wondering . . . why it takes so long to release certain things. Maybe full release is like faith -- more of a process than a destination.

I am reading . . .  started re-reading Outer Banks by Anne Rivers Siddon. A good summer read for my upcoming vacation. (Just getting a head start, let's say)

I am looking forward to . . . another day of sewing, crocheting, and crafting with my bestie, Linda. We are trying to get together once a week to encourage one another on various projects. I think this is our third week in a row!

I am hearing . . . absolute quiet as I'm up before dogs and kids.

Around the house . . . FIL's possessions are still cluttering the bonus room, but his house is completely empty. Once we return from vacation, I'm making the mess on the ping pong table a top priority!

I am praying . . . I am praying for a fellow blogger whose cancer has returned with a vengeance. Read more about this incredible lady at Someone Wake Me Up.

One of my favorite things . . . is feeling pleased with my daily accomplishments. The hard part of that is recognizing that feeling is a choice. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . sewing w/Linda, appointment and errands tomorrow, helping a friend with a new project on Thursday, packing and last minute errands before flying off to Cozumel for a week of diving with my husband!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
calculus in the living room!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.