Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Isaac

Yesterday morning I found out that the son of a friend killed himself sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning. He was 19 years old and a freshman in college.

I have known this family for over 15 years. My children played with this boy. He spent time in our home, and my son spent time in his. 

There were problems, sure, but problems like everyone has. Nothing insurmountable. He was a talented, smart, good looking kid with a potentially bright future ahead. And now he is gone. 

He left behind his mother and father, his two sisters, one young brother, and his 1 year old son. 

My heart is aching for all of them, and for all the people who knew Isaac well. I just don't want these people to have to hurt and feel this pain. 

We sang "Our God Is a God Who Saves" in worship this morning. He is indeed a God who saves. And what gratitude I feel for that gift right now.

So I am asking you to shower his family and friends with prayers of peace and comfort and healing.

Blessings to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. How so very sad. My heart aches for his family and friends. Love and light to them and to you, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.