Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Messy

I'm an introvert, married to an extrovert. Things can get really messy sometimes.

I like quiet. Spending time alone or just with my extrovert.

He likes noise. Spending time with me and lots of other people.

I need peace and distance from the crowd to rejuvenate myself.

He needs people and projects and activities to feel rejuvenated.

See? Messy.

So how do we do it? Sometimes we're are awesome together. Other times not so much. Right now is one of those other times.

Did I mention he's a fixer who just assumes he's right (and he is most of the time)?

Did I mention I'm a pleaser who just assumes I'm probably wrong (and usually I'm not)?

See? More messy.

It's a balancing act. Kind of like those guys who spin plates on the top of poles. And right now we have too many plates in the air, and I need a break, but he wants to grab another plate. 

We're going away for the weekend. This could be good or it could be very messy. 

I'll keep you posted.

linking up with nesting place


2 comments:

  1. YAY for going away this weekend! Kevin and I are a little of both each, but we are both loners and that's why we fit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you could be writing about my marriage. We're finally going for counseling next week, for some help on communication. I'm so tired of him trying to fix me, not least because I believe him when he tells me I'm broken. ARGH. I hope the trip helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.