Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . October 1, 2013

Outside my window . . . . it's in the mid-60's and sunny. We are moving into my favorite part of autumn. Cool nights and mornings, warm afternoons, followed by cool evenings. 

I am thinking . . . about my friend who will bury her son later today. He was only 19. There are just no words.

I am thankful . . . for time spent with both of my kids over the weekend. I needed some time with them to regroup after Isaac's death.

In the kitchen . . . over the weekend there were grilled steaks and potatoes, and pancakes and French toast and bacon, and soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. A good food weekend.


I am wearing . . . my new Doctor Who/Despicable Me mash-up t-shirt.

I am creating . . . still working on the Tess d'Urbervilles shawl/Danish shawl from last week. Here's the latest update --

I am going . . . to work on more projects with my bestie today and take dinner to a friend.

I am wondering . . . about the rash of difficult experiences we've been involved with lately. I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed by emotions from all these events.

I am reading . . . Daring Greatly on the recommendation of a friend. My only complaint so far is that I'm reading it in PDF format on my Kindle and I can't highlight or underline things I like.

I am looking forward to . . . a weekend away with my dh. We are heading out for a quiet get away which we are sorely in need of.

I am hearing . . . birds chirping and a lady talking on her phone as she walks her dog in front of my house.

Around the house . . . dd did some vacuuming and I'm getting ready to put out some Halloween decor.

I am praying . . . for Isaac's family and friends, as well as several friends who continue to struggle with cancer.

One of my favorite things . . . is my children. Rearing children is not for wimps, but the pay-off is so good. I have not done everything right and neither have they, yet I love them with all my heart and pray for them daily.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . crafting with my bestie, dinner to a friend, a meeting this afternoon, another meeting in the morning, Bible study, yoga, and then trip with dh.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
table in blue




for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.