Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Mandalas


I'm not sure why I'm so taken with these little mandalas, but they just make me happy.
They are like the doilies of yesteryear but with a little more character. I'm using mine as decorative pieces on furniture, but they could be framed and hung as well, and possibly, used as trivets on your holiday table. Whatever you choose to do with them, they are quick and easy to make and brighten any little spot.

I used Premier Serenity Gardens yarn in red and green (both are variegated), and I alternated which color I started with, doing 2 rows in each color before changing. I used an E/3.5mm hook.

The pattern is Crochet Mandala by Karen Janine. The only change I made was leaving off the embroidery hoop. I just did a final row of single crochet in the opposite color. I did a light steam with my iron hovering just above the mandala to block it, but you could pin it to a towel or your ironing board to make it more exact.

Happy Hooking!

linking up with Made You Monday


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.