Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Fly

I watch the boys on the swings in the park. They are swinging in tandem, hoping to lift the swing set from it's foundations. They are college boys/men, but they look like 5 year olds to me. They are at once thrilled and worried. It's so exciting -- flying through the air, masters of their ships. But, but. Something could go wrong. What is so exhilarating one minute might be disastrous in the next.

That's life, isn't it? It's wonderful and happy and exciting one moment, and the next might be a mass of tangled bodies and hearts.

Flying through the sky and through life without a care in the world, and yet knowing it could all end in a moment. 

I watch them fly through the air (with the greatest of ease . . .) and I marvel at their abandon. Their willingness to risk is exhilarating for me, because I want to fly as well.

linking up with Five Minute Friday


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.