Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . November 5, 2013

Outside my window . . . . the sky is part fluffy white and gray clouds and part blue. It's 48 degrees and a plane just flew over. There are pine needles all over the yard from a recent storm.

I am thinking . . . I should dust more often! The house looks so much better after dusting that it's ridiculous.

I am thankful . . . for better moods around the house.

In the kitchen . . . beans and rice and chicken last night. This week I'll be making Teddy Bear Mix, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin rice krispie treats for a weekend gathering.

I am wearing . . . my red cotton gown and my plaid flannel robe along with my knock-off blue Crocs. I keep telling you I'm the style guru to watch :)

I am creating . . . lots of goodies for Presents with a Purpose


I am going . . . to work on more goodies for Presents with a Purpose today with my bestie, LBB.

I am wondering . . . about the holidays this year. Since FIL passed in the spring this will be our first holiday season without him. There are many changes as holidays were usually celebrated at his house.

I am reading . . . A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #2) by Louise Penny.
I am looking forward to . . . our annual family trip to Pickett Park/Big South Fork. Each year we rent a few cabins and go spend a weekend hiking, talking, working puzzles, playing games, and eating. There is a lot of prep work this week for the weekend, but it's all worth it.

I am hearing . . . silence.

Around the house . . . dd and I worked on the bonus room yesterday. We WORKED. It looks so much better. We've just about gotten all the remaining odds and ends from FIL's house taken care of, and I must say it's nice to have the space looking like home again.

I am praying . . . for several friends suffering from serious illnesses -- Trish, Patti, and Anna in particular.

One of my favorite things . . . creating crocheted mandalas. I just started my first one a few months ago, and now I'm working on my 3rd.


all of these are made with Premier Serenity Garden yarn in Gem

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . working on goodies for the sale, preparing for our weekend of fun, and the usual suspects. I need to get the oil changed, get a haircut, a pedicure, and buy some new walking shoes, but I don't then there are that many hours in the days.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

pine needles everywhere!





for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.