Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . November 12, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and VERY windy. We're having snow flurries which has everyone around here super excited.

I am thinking . . . about honesty and how important it is in real relationships. Tact is important too of course!

I am thankful . . . for my warm and cozy house on this cold, blustery morning.

In the kitchen . . . last night was franks and beans with iron skillet cornbread. Not sure about tonight, yet.

I am wearing . . . my favorite gown, flannel robe, and pseudo-crocs.

I am creating . . . lots of goodies for Presents with a Purpose.

I am going . . . nowhere today!

I am wondering . . . why my mind seems to be mush since returning from our weekend getaway!?!

I am reading . . . well re-reading Alias Grace, but I checked out 2 other books from the library as well -- The Golden Notebook and Still Midnight.

I am looking forward to . . . Presents with a Purpose this coming Saturday.

I am hearing . . . wind howling, wind chimes ringing, and my dd on the phone.

Around the house . . . things are looking good. Part of me is dreading the holiday decorating just because of the added clutter.

I am praying . . . for so many people! My bestie and her husband as they look toward their future service to God; two friends with advanced breast cancer; a 16 yo trying experimental treatments for treatment of lyme disease.

One of my favorite things . . . is learning more and more about the Bible. Not just the text itself (although that is wonderful), but about the history of the times and the people, and the on going impact these words have had on history.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Starbucks with a friend in the morning followed by counseling, and then a follow-up mammogram (prayers please!). Thursday is Bible study. Maybe lunch with another friend on Friday, and then Saturday is Presents with a Purpose. Busy week.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
my dd husband strikes again!
From a hike at Pickett Park last weekend.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.