Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . November 26, 2013

Outside my window . . . heavy gray clouds and saturated earth. A neighbor walking his dog and drinking coffee.

I am thinking . . . about all the things that need to get done today.

I am thankful . . . for my friend, Reco. He was in a terrible wreck yesterday morning. After hours of surgery yesterday, he is in ICU, and will have additional surgery today if all goes well.

In the kitchen . . . Sal's Pizza last night. We were all wiped out from worrying about Reco.

I am wearing . . . a summer weight gown and my flannel robe. Not enough for how cold it is this morning.

I am creating . . . an amigurumi gnome, 2 shawls, and a scrappy scarf. I may be a little ADD right now :)

I am going . . . to the grocery, TJ Maxx, and Michael's.

I am wondering . . . if I'll get everything done today that needs doing.

I am reading . . . Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

I am looking forward to . . . getting some things accomplished. I'm still behind from being sick last week, and Thanksgiving is just 2 days away! 

I am hearing . . . the ticking of the clock and the furnace running.

Around the house . . . Alan is finishing our new bed frame in the bonus room. There is laundry that needs tending. My work table is covered in detritus. And I'd be just as happy to sit down and crochet.

I am praying . . . for Reco and his family, and all the professionals caring for him. I pray for a full recovery, as he has a long road ahead of him.

One of my favorite things . . . is peace. I like having the family get along, and have my life running smoothly. It's been haphazard of late.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . errands and baking today, packing and travel tomorrow, Thanksgiving with family on Thursday, and home again on Friday. Alan has a colonoscopy on Monday, so we'll spend Sunday prepping him for that after worship.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
gnome in progress



for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.