Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 10, 2013

Outside my window . . . we have sunshine and a lighting dusting of snow.

I am thinking . . . about this cool video my husband showed me this morning --

I am thankful . . .  for reminders of the real purpose of the holiday season and my own efforts to be more purposeful in my celebrating this year.

In the kitchen . . . last night was leftovers, but tonight will probably be salmon, baked potatoes, and vegetable mix.

I am wearing . . . as always, my flannel robe and slippers.

I am creating . . .  wips, but looking at these cute little squares from Attic 24

I am going . . . to store decoration boxes. Clean the bonus room. And possibly do some early food prep for Sunday.

I am wondering . . . if there is a way to take a vacation from December?

I am reading . . . The IPO by Dean Koontz

I am looking forward to . . . Claire's graduation party on Sunday. We are hosting a come and go reception for friends and family. 

I am hearing . . . the wind chimes in the breeze. They always sound so pretty to me when the air is crisp and cold.

Around the house . . . it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I am praying . . . for so many people and things. And remembering to be grateful in all my prayers and requests.

One of my favorite things . . . is turning on the tree lights first thing in the morning. They never fail to make me smile.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . housework and baking in preparation for Claire's graduation on Saturday and the party on Sunday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
dh completed the new bed frame he designed and built.
It slept quite well last night :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.