Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 17, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is pale blue and the sun is shining (thank you, Lord!). It's already 39 degrees.

I am thinking . . . that I am now the mother of a college graduate, but I did have to take her to the doctor yesterday after she slammed her hand in the car door. Poor baby!

I am thankful . . . I am thankful for the cloud of friends God has provided for me. For prayer partners, listening ears, words of comfort, and helpful words of advice.

In the kitchen . . . there was much yumminess this weekend for Claire's graduation party -- pigs in blankets, spinach balls, pumpkin bread, cranberry oatmeal dunkers, hummus, naan, pitas, veggies, wassail, and Winter Sangria.

I am wearing . . . my favorite yoga pants and a long sleeved t-shirt. Be amazed I'm dressed!

I am creating . . . lunches for our Room in the Inn program at church. It's kind of fun because I'm doing a few Christmasy touches -- decorated lunch bags, candy canes, homemade cookie, and snowman napkins.

I am going . . . to work on lunches this morning and then wrap presents.

I am wondering . . . why it can be so difficult to listen to and trust in God. Over and over again He shows me and tells me He is in control, but I forge out on my own and then am surprised when things begin to fall apart.

I am reading . . . The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. I've read this book many times, but I saw a copy at the used bookstore recently and just had to have it. The language and imagery are stunningly beautiful.

I am looking forward to . . . seeing "The Nutcracker" this weekend with Claire. We are doing a few special things as the boys are taking a quick trip to D.C. 

I am hearing . . . peace. It's my favorite time of the morning.

Around the house . . . things are still nice and neat from the party this weekend. I'm striving not to let things fall back into disarray. But best laid plans . . . 

I am praying . . . for my friend, Reco, as he is on a long road to recovery from a car wreck. I am also praying for our family as we face this first Christmas without my father in law.

One of my favorite things . . . a good cup of hot chocolate on a cold night.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . RITI today, therapy and grocery shopping tomorrow, getting the boys off to D.C., brunch with friends on Saturday, and then the play with Claire in the afternoon.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

Yaya with her ears in a "top-knot" courtesy of 
my college graduate.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.