As I do not have a yellow bee, I am including the terrible picture of my kids and me from Mother's Day
could we be an goofier!?!
1. Cooking for 4 is very different than cooking for 3. Especially when the additional 1 has been eating crappy college food. My idea of a full refrigerator and pantry is very different than my 19 year old son's. If it's not instant, it's not really food.
2. Crocheting is an acceptable summertime activity if you have horrible allergies/sinus infection that keeps you from going outside for the worst pollen season ever! But it is true, you can watch entire seasons of TV shows on Netflix and never know what the characters look like.
3. Salad, grilled meat of any form, and fresh bread is always appropriate for dinner. Even multiple nights in a row.
4. Poppy seed cake filling is over rated. Made these for dh and he really liked them. Bleh.
5. I don't see enough people in my day to take very exciting photographs. Apparently I need to get out of the house more. (See #3 over at Ostriches)
6. Books I read in high school, college, and early years of marriage, may not be worth re-reading even you get 8 books for $.70 at the used book store. Actually that may be the reason you can get a book for a nickel.
7. Fifty year olds can have a ridiculous amount of fun sorting through Barbie clothes from childhood. Hours and hours of fun as a matter of fact. Taking photos. Determining which are "original" and which were made by moms. Even a 50 year old man can get into the swing of it (if he's a costume designer on the side, anyway.)
8. Discovering Doctor Who with your husband and 23 year old daughter is fun. Not sure how I've missed this, but I'm finding it hard to get through a day without an episode. (unfortunately the 19 year old doesn't understand our addiction -- but he likes Game of Thrones -- ewwww, porn!)
9. Finding the sewing table is very nice, but may not necessarily lead to a significant increase in sewing.
10. June flew by fast. Hope July goes a little slower, but I'm not counting on it.
linking up with CHATTING at the SKY via Ostriches Look Funny and Writer's Workshop