Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Fight

fight -- to make (one's way) by struggle or striving

I do it every day, and you probably do as well. Sometimes just surviving requires us to fight. 

I don't like confrontation, so I don't like to think of myself as being in a fight. The flip side of that is the power and control that "fight" implies. If I am fighting for myself that can be a very good thing. 

It makes me thing of Ephesians 4:26 (NRSV) -- Be angry but do not sin.

Paul doesn't say "don't be angry". He says be angry but don't sin. 

Anger, confrontation, fight -- words I've had to work on loving and appreciating. They are not bad things if used well. 

Blessings!

linking up with Five Minute Friday


1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie! Your post made me think of a book my mother loaned me (which I am sure I never returned). I believe the title is "Good Women Get Angry" - I can't recall the author's name. Unlike you, I have always loved a fight. My Dad swears I was born to be a lawyer. I am learning to choose my battles, so "be angry and sin not" certainly applies to me! Thank you for that reminder. Be blessed...

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.