Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Imperfect Prose

I want to have something inspiring to share today, but instead I have a lot of stress and concerns about some highly personal things. Things it would be inappropriate to share here. Things that aren't just mine. 

It's a new year. The time for fresh starts and new beginnings. The hope of getting it right this year. Clearing rubble from relationships. What I seem to be facing instead, are new and deeper layers of ick to excavate. Things keep piling on top of each other, and I can’t seem to catch a break.

This may sound like I’m complaining, but that’s not what this is about. I’m not complaining. I’m just feeling overwhelmed. I keep thinking this life is meant to get easier. Develop a rhythm that is consistent and dependable. That hasn’t happened for me. And I don’t know if that’s a “me” problem or a “life” problem.

I don’t really believe my life should flow effortlessly. I recognize that the more people I know and the more fully engaged I become in life, the more opportunities there are for challenges. That being said, I’m floundering a bit right now.

I’ve written a lot about overcoming my past – the abuse. But I’m also a black/white kind of person, or as a friend of mine recently said, one extreme or the other. The question that’s been rolling around in my head lately is this – because things are difficult now, in this moment, does that negate the hard work – dare I say good work – I’ve done in the past? Does struggling now mean the previous hard work was done incorrectly, or worse yet was it pointless?

My head knows the answers to these questions. We all do the best we can at any given moment with whatever information we have. Could things have been done differently? Undoubtedly. Would it have been better or more right? Maybe. Who can say?

This is what I know today. God is with me. I must continue to see and believe that as truth. I will make mistakes in the future just as I have in the past. There are no absolutes.

So I’m asking for your prayers. For me, my husband, my kids. It’s tough when everyone is struggling simultaneously, and that’s where we are. My guess is you’ve been there, too.

Imperfect Prose is perfectly apt for me today.

Blessings.

linking up with Imperfect Prose




3 comments:

  1. Just prayed for you and yours! Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying and sensing that God is up to something big. ret in Him as much as you can, He'll carry you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone. Week one of the new year is over and I'm overwhelmed and scared. I don't want to fall into the same rut as last year. I have a toxic relationship I need to end but won't. My family is struggling in all areas of life and I feel like we are all drowning at the same time. It's hard to keep our heads above water at times. But you know what? I do believe that God won't let us drown. He just won't. It's got to work out otherwise, what's the point? As you, your troubles are also only temporary. God is with you and your loved ones. We just have to keep treading honey, that's all. Tread and tread until we find ourselves out of the water and on dry land again. I know it's will happen. Prayers for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.