Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 21, 2014

Outside my window . . . gray and overcast. It's 38 degrees. The temps are supposed to drop all day with gusty North winds and a chance of snow.

I am thinking . . . that life is not for sissies, AND I don't know how people do it without God.

I am thankful . . . for so many wonderful blessings in our little family of 4 right now. We laugh and say it feels as if the planets are aligning for us, but I know it is God, and we should enjoy these moments for the blessings they are.

In the kitchen . . . last night was macaroni and cheese. Tonight I'm not so sure. Maybe tilapia, baked potatoes, and broccoli.

I am wearing . . . My homemade gown, flannel robe, flannel slippers, and one of the first shawls I made. Cozy with a cup of tea and the wind blowing outside.

I am creating . . . order in my home while finishing up several crochet works in progress that I came across while organizing my yarn last week.

I am going . . . to have a quiet day at home.

I am wondering . . . about getting through another flashback I had recently. It is more information that needs to be dealt with, and I am dreading it.

I am reading . . . Hell Hole by Chris Grabenstein. It's number 4 in the John Ceepak Mysteries.

I am looking forward to . . . Fun Girls' Day with my besties on Saturday afternoon after I return from the ladies' retreat with church folks.

I am hearing . . . my wind chime dancing in the wind gusts. My son getting ready for school, and my dogs beginning to wake and look for breakfast.

Around the house . . . things are still so orderly! It's lovely and we can't quite figure out how it happened. Dd suggested it's the natural result of 4 healthy, communicating adults living in a house together. Hmmm.

I am praying . . . for my friend, Jean as she awaits a follow up test. I pray for peace, comfort, and love to flow through her body, mind, and soul.

One of my favorite things . . . is creating little nooks of visual happiness like this one --


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . fun day with my bestie, grocery shopping tomorrow, Precepts on Thursday, tea with a friend and then heading out on the retreat on Friday. Fun day on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

completed cabinet organization from last week :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.