Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Quick and Yummy Chili

Recently we had friends over for chili and cornbread. I don't consider myself a chili aficionado, but I do know what I like where chili is concerned. Basic, hearty, and not too spicy. That being said I had a request for my chili recipe, so here it is. The cornbread recipe can be found here.



2 lbs. ground chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
2 15-oz. cans kidney or pinto beans, undrained

Brown ground chuck and onion in Dutch oven; drain accumulated grease. Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes; longer if you want a thicker chili, stirring periodically. Serve with Fritos, sour cream and cheese (and cornbread!).

Serves 8

That's it. Simple, easy, quick. No packages to buy and wonder about. 

Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.