Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Cranberry Chili Chicken

This kind of recipe is why I like to keep my pantry stocked with odds and ends. I ran across the recipe in a cookbook a friend passed on to me which I then passed on to another friend. Incredibly easy, flexible, and tasty. You can use this on any type of chicken -- whole, bone in pieces, boneless breasts or thighs -- whatever strikes your fancy or you happen to have on hand. You can cook it in the oven or in the slow cooker. You could probably simmer it on the stove top in a dutch oven if you want!

Ready?

1 12-oz. bottle Heinz Chili sauce

1 14-oz. can Ocean Spray cranberry sauce (I use the whole cranberry because I like the texture)
Stir these 2 ingredients together and pour over chicken (around 3 lbs., but whatever!), cover the baking dish with lid or foil, and bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Check to see if your chicken is tender and adjust time as needed. (Bone in will take longer.) When done serve over rice, if you like.

See easy, flexible, and tasty!

I used boneless chicken thighs

Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.