Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . March 18, 2014

Outside my window . . . it's overcast and cold this morning. Hoping to see the sun before it sets tonight.

I am thinking . . . about the day and how to best use my time.

I am thankful . . . for a day spent with my bestie yesterday. We sorted and organized at her house, and talked A LOT!

In the kitchen . . . pot roast last night that I had cooked over the weekend. Tonight is apricot pork tenderloin, rice pilaf, steamed asparagus, rolls, and blackberry crumble.

I am wearing . . . my new nightgown, robe, and slippers. 

I am creating . . . Chaos or at least that's what it feels like. 

I am going . . . to do laundry and go to the grocery store today. 

I am wondering . . . about dealing with current stresses without going back and wanting to redo my life to somehow "fix" things.

I am reading . . . Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts. It's kind of historical fiction meets fantasy meets romance. Parts of it are quite good, but it's a lot more "romance novel" than I had anticipated.

I am looking forward to . . . Fun Girls' Day with my besties on Saturday. I need to plan what I'm going to take to work on though. The past few times I've gone I haven't really gotten much done other than visiting.

I am hearing . . . music and showers running. Dogs trotting around, and my hands tapping on the keyboard.

Around the house . . . I really need a day or two at home to clean. Not sure exactly when that's going to happen though.

I am praying . . . for a lowering of stress around our house, and an increase in kindness and compassion.

One of my favorite things . . . feeling centered. Over the weekend I attended a Quiet Day at Sisters of Mercy Convent. Meditation and prayer are so soothing and enlightening. I am working to make more time for those in my daily life.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a dinner guest tonight. Helping with a dinner for the homeless tomorrow. Helping my sister-in-law pack to move, and then my fun day!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.