Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 22, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is gray, cloudy, and 65*. We got some rain last night. Currently a squirrel is sitting on my porch eating up the birdseed I spilled the other day.

I am thinking . . . the today is Earth Day. Everything in my yard is GREEN and birds are singing to each other. The earth is amazing!

I am thankful . . . for a day of accomplishments yesterday.

In the kitchen . . . last night I was just too tired to cook. Tonight I'm thinking about grilling sausages, steaming broccoli and cauliflower, and making a pasta salad.

I am wearing . . . I wonder if you can guess (since it's essentially the same thing every Tuesday)?

I am creating . . . still trying to get that sewing mojo going. I've got several in process projects that I'd like to create/finish, and several more new projects I'd like to get started on.

I am going . . . to run a few errands, take a walk with dd, and continue on the constant path of order around my house.

I am wondering . . . about how to continue my Lenten fast on a permanent basis --

fast from feeling guilty and angry at yourself 
for things you have done wrong,
instead remember God's great love for you

I am reading . . . The Dark Monk: A Hangman's Daughter Tale by Oliver Potzsch. I read the first one in the series and almost gave up on it, but I powered through to the end and was rewarded. Here I am on number 2 so we shall see.

I am looking forward to . . . the (in)RL Conference this weekend. There will be webcast and I found a meet-up close to me that I plan to attend on Saturday.

I am hearing . . . traffic and birds. It's that nice blend of morning sounds that seem to represent the beginning of a new day.

Around the house . . . bestie and I did some sorting and a little organizing yesterday. We worked on a better schedule for me with the changing season. Still trying to honor April as take care of me month.

I am praying . . . my bestie who is interviewing for a job today that would make it possible for her daughter to go to the college of her choice. Bestie would be great at this job, so I am praying that the interveiwers see that if this is God's will.

One of my favorite things . . . is learning. Last Friday dh invited me to a lecture he was attending on a new treatment method for post traumatic stress disorder. It was focused on combat veterans, but it was quite interesting. The whole experience reminded me how much I enjoy stretching my mind.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy and errands today, tomorrow is my day at home and I plan to sew. Thursday is Precept Bible Study, and Friday is another day at home as well the beginning of the (in)RL Conference. Saturday is the meet-up for the conference and then back to church on Sunday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my Easter dinner table




1 comment:

  1. Good luck to your bestie! As the wife of a vet I am love that you are learning about PTSD.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.