Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 29, 2014

Outside my window . . . it's 63 and sunny. We have had storms the past couple of days and we may get more this afternoon. Grateful we have been spared the worst of the weather.

I am thinking . . . about stress and how it impacts the body and mind.

I am thankful . . . for new flowers sitting on my desk.

In the kitchen . . . another batch of slaw last night. This time with sesame orange dressing. 

I am wearing . . . It's a miracle! Not really, but I am already dressed in yoga pants, a t-shirt, and my walking shoes.

I am creating . . . does it count if I am helping my BIL/SIL move into their new house, as creativity?

I am going . . . to my bestie's to help her clean for a party. We'll probably do a lot of talk therapy as we go.

I am wondering . . . if there will be fall-out from my post yesterday.

I am reading . . . The Dark Monk: A Hangman's Daughter Tale by Oliver Potzsch. I read the first one in the series and almost gave up on it, but I powered through to the end and was rewarded. Here I am on number 2 so we shall see.

I am looking forward to . . . normalcy. Do I get that at some point?

I am hearing . . . birds and my daughter chatting with me as I try to write.

Around the house . . . no sense of order whatsoever -- see photo of my living room below.

I am praying . . . for all the storm victims from the past few days.

One of my favorite things . . . mushrooms, both for eating and just looking at. I found this at the market this morning and am going to give it a try.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . chaos. I think there are no plans.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

temporary housing for the 6 yr old nephew
during the week of moving



1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful!
    I think that is PERFECT housing for a 6 year old!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.