Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 8, 2014

Outside my window . . . another gray morning here. Back in the 40s as well. Spring has been schizophrenic so far this year. Oh well, the cherry tree blossoms are still lovely even against the cloudy backdrop.

I am thinking . . . about better moods around the house.

I am thankful . . . a day of "therapy" with my bestie yesterday. Good conversation with a trusted friend is better than just about anything else I know.

In the kitchen . . . a couple of cakes this past weekend -- Hurricane Oatmeal and Hedgehog's Yellow Cake -- two of our favorites. Roasted pork tenderloin, a frittata, and more slaw.

I am wearing . . .  my new gown (from the hubs for my birthday), my robe, and faux Crocs.

I am creating . . . a better attitude about myself. My season of Lent is nearing its end and I can feel that God has used this time to strengthen me and help me see myself as he sees me.

I am going . . . to have the house to myself all day as dh and dd are both at work all day and ds has school and work as well.

I am wondering . . . about my 20 year old's moodiness. I can't remember if this is normal behavior or not. Sending up extra prayers for him lately.

I am reading . . . I'm sort of in between books right now. I need to look over my "to read" shelf and pick something.

I am looking forward to . . . our trip to Gatlinburg this weekend. Dh and I haven't been away together in I can't remember when. We are staying at a B&B we've stayed at before and have plans to try out the Zipline and Ropes Course. Should be exciting and perhaps a bit scary!

I am hearing . . . the dogs letting me know it's time for breakfast.

Around the house . . . a bit of chaos. Things have been busy and when I've had time to clean I've chosen other things instead. There's a big shock! LOL!

I am praying . . . for a friend with a brain tumor, and dh's cousin who is struggling with cancer and emphysema.

One of my favorite things . . . is morning quiet. I love having time to slowly rejoin the noisy world, but I love sleep as well. Sometimes the two strain against each other.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . pretty much the usual suspects until Friday when dh and I leave for our weekend getaway. Wheeeeeeeew!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my Easter tea mug






2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    I hope you enjoy your trip this weekend and I hope it refreshes both you and your husband.
    I too enjoy sleeping and quiet mornings. There is always a moment when I wake that I wonder, stay in bed a while or grab more quiet time.
    Like that you have a bit of chaos around the house. Don't we all. Seems like I often choose other things over cleaning.
    Thanks for sharing your daybook, I enjoyed peeking into your world today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hedgehog cake looks yummy. I love all the fruit toppings on it. I should make that with my daughter. She would love it. I hope you and your husband had a great time at the B&B.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.