Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 24, 2014

Outside my window . . . 76 degrees and overcast. I just heard some thunder in the distance so it looks like more rain today.

I am thinking . . . about a stressful lunch I had over the weekend. I had thought I was up for something, but wound up with a pounding headache and sleeping most of the afternoon away. That item will go back on the wait list.

I am thankful . . . for a good beginning to my lectio divina practice.

In the kitchen . . . things are still pretty haphazard with wacky summer schedules. Tonight is grilled flounder, steamed green beans, and poppyseed coleslaw. I'm substituting shredded brussel sprouts for the broccoli for a little change, and I found a poppyseed dressing without artificial sweeteners to use. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am wearing . . . my cotton batiste gown.

I am creating . . . order. I'm still not really in the "making stuff" mood, but I did get some mending done last week and that made me pretty happy to have a pair of summer pants and a maxi dress available to wear again.

I am going . . . to get printer ink and have my oil changed today. Ahhh, the life of excitement I lead must be overwhelming to all of you!

I am wondering . . . about my mood. I'm much less depressed than I was, but I'm still having trouble getting my mojo and routine going. Trying to be kind to myself and wait it out.

I am reading . . . Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection on my Kindle. Really enjoying these stories.

I am looking forward to . . . finding whatever this summer's routine is going to be.

I am hearing . . . complete silence. This kids were both up and out early and the dogs are quietly napping. It's quite lovely.

Around the house . . . the new windows are in and the new couch arrived and was a hit with the whole family. Of course now the dishwasher is dying, so I guess that's next on the list -- you the one that never ends?

I am praying . . . for my friend with pancreatic cancer. She is sleeping all the time and hasn't eaten anything for days. I know her time is short. I am praying for her husband and children who have been so strong, loving, and supportive during this very brief illness (she was diagnosed in late March).

One of my favorite things . . . is coloring. I took it up after I was diagnosed with PTSD. I find it soothing. I have a new set of crayons and a new coloring book that I need to make time to play with, maybe while I wait for my car this afternoon.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . nothing much planned but I'm sure things will accumulate before I know it!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the new sofa on a regular day
(notice Yaya's blanket!)



1 comment:

  1. I like the sofa, it's a nice color!
    I was diagnosed with PTSD too. It's tough but I'm doing so much better. Depression is a scary thing. We just got to keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.