Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

Alan had an interview to do the other night and asked me to cook dinner for them. No problem, except I've been on a "I-don't-want-to-go-to-the-grocery" kick for about 6 weeks now. I keep just making do and running in to get 1 or 2 must-haves. That being said, I found a pork roast in the freezer and laid it out to thaw, and started Googling for recipes. Something new and different.

I ran across this one and realized I had all the ingredients. It turned out quite tasty, but next time I'll cut back on the vinegar a bit as it was too strong for my palate.



Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Prep time
5 mins
Cook time
4 hours
Total time
4 hours 5 mins

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin that just melts in your mouth! This slow cooker balsamic pork tenderloin recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight supper or even special occasions!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Instructions
Place pork tenderloin into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over pork tenderloin.

Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

*******
After I got the roast going, I planned the rest of dinner. Cranberry Nut Rice Pilaf and I wasn't sure what else. 

I went to my nephew's birthday pool party and hung out there. Got an email about my friend Robyn's death, and headed home. I remembered on the way that I had company coming for dinner and only a partial meal, so I stopped and picked up fresh broccoli to steam. I also cheated and got a pound cake, some strawberries, and whipped cream for dessert, as well as a loaf of sourdough bread.

When I got home, I double checked to see what time the guest was arriving (all the while thinking I really just wanted to sit down and process my loss). That's when my husband and son both looked at me quizzically and said, "That's tomorrow night". Really?

It's a good thing pork roast is often better the second day!

linking up to Made by You Monday 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.