Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 5, 2014

Outside my window . . . it's 72* with a slightly overcast look, but still lots of sunshine. We are under an air alert today, so it looks like indoor activities as much as possible.

I am thinking . . . the benefits of talking about struggles. It never ceases to amaze me how helpful it can be to have a trusted, compassionate, and nonjudgemental friend to listen.

I am thankful . . . that Dr. Kent Brantly is back in the states and getting continuing medical care at Emory.

In the kitchen . . . Sunday was a fun day with friends celebrating birthdays. Last night I used the leftover grilled chicken to make dh and me chicken quesadillas. Yummy!

I am wearing . . . lounge pants and a tank top.

I am creating . . . plans. I sorted through some yarn yesterday. I need a fun, but mindless crochet project for vacation next week, so I'm culling through patterns and my stash to find something I'll enjoy working on without having to think!

I am going . . . to keep reminding myself that I am not inherently bad. You is kind. You is smart. You is important. (The Help)

I am wondering . . . about the future. Not worrying -- just wondering. We are in that part of our life where things are shifting and changing, and I'm just wondering what it will look like when things settle down a bit.

I am reading . . . Atlas Girl by Emily Wierenga. This is a memoir of her life thus far. It is lyrically written and has been totally engrossing.

I am looking forward to . . . leaving for Bonaire on Saturday. Please pray that things go well for us with our scuba diving, especially that I don't have trouble with my ears.

I am hearing . . . silence. Dh and dd have left for work. Ds is still in bed after getting in late from a day trip with his sweetie yesterday. It's really quite lovely.

Around the house . . . things are in pretty good shape. I'm learning to embrace the clutter a bit. This is where we live after all :)

I am praying . . . my bestie who is job hunting (another interview today). Dr. Brantly and Nancy Writebol. Our travel plans for next week. 

One of my favorite things . . . is watching old movies. Netflix has recently added some pretty good oldies, and I've been enjoying watching them. Last night was Witness to Murder with Barbara Stanwyck and George Sanders, 2 of my favorites from old films.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . mostly the usual suspects -- therapy, exercise, housework, writing, crafting, with packing and flying off early Saturday morning added in for good measure.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the family celebrating dh's birthday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.