Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 23, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is gray and cloudy and 54 degrees. As I look back over the recent post for Simple Woman I see that it's been gray and cloudy for weeks! This could explain some of the blah moods going around. 

I am thinking . . . feeling better. Yesterday was my first "normal" day since getting sick last week. It was lovely to have energy and brain capability to function.

I am thankful . . . good friends who help me acknowledge my healing.

In the kitchen . . . last night was soup and cheese toast. I'm going to the grocery today, so anything is possible tonight. Christmas baking ratchets up today as well.

I am wearing . . . today it's my Lorax t-shirt and flannel robe. Gotcha there, didn't I? 

I am creating . . . continuing to work on my afghan using this pattern from Attic 24, and a lovely set of DK yarn from Stylecraft. I think I'm up to 82 rows. Almost done with my 3rd rotation of colors. I'm not sure how many it will take, as the instructions say to keep repeating until the afghan is the length I want.

I am going . . . to the chiropractor and grocery store today, and then home to start baking and making Milk Salad(s) for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I am wondering . . . about how much to schedule for an upcoming week to myself.

I am reading . . . not The Cuckoo's Calling. I just couldn't get into it, possibly because I was sick. I've switched gears and picked up The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. I read this when it first came out (2004), but I was caught up in healing then, so I'd like to reread it now.

I am looking forward to . . . Christmas Day at my house for the first time ever!

I am hearing . . . peace and quiet.

Around the house . . . it's looking much better. The decorating is finished. The boys have been putting away their stuff. I still have wrapping to do, but that's a part of the final days before Christmas to enjoy.

I am praying . . . for peace throughout the holiday season. For those who are ill or grieving at this time of year. For my boys who leave on a climbing trip the day after Christmas.

One of my favorite things . . . (well several of my favorite things) are massages and mani/pedis. I had scheduled all of those for last week and had to cancel because of the "crud", so I'm rescheduling for next week.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . CHRISTMAS!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

my new winter bird wreath


linking up with The Simple Woman

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.