Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . February 3, 2015

Outside my window . . . sunny, blue skies! It's only 25 degrees, but the sunshine is lovely.

I am thinking . . . getting back into my routine now that the virus is past and I'm home for my long weekend.

I am thankful . . . for a WONDERFUL weekend in San Francisco/Oakland with a dear friend from college days. We have kept up over the years, but this was so lovely to spend a weekend together, just the 2 of us. So much fun!

In the kitchen . . . the cupboard and refrigerator are bare, so it's off to the store I go!

I am wearing . . . a gown and my dh's robe and my Skechers.

I am creating . . . still working on my afghan (this pattern from Attic 24, and a lovely set of DK yarn from Stylecraft). It's coming along, slowly but surely. I'm not tired of it so that's a good thing! I did start a smaller project for the trip over the weekend, but it's a secret!

I am going . . . to find some activities to get more involved with. I need more personal interaction.

I am wondering . . . about communication differences between the sexes.

I am reading . . . Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote. I realized I'd only read 2 of Capote's works -- In Cold Blood and A Christmas Memory, so I've decided to do a bit of backtracking and read some of his other works.

I just finished Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans. It's a good YA read that doesn't include vampires, sex, or a dystopian future. Some reviewers complained about it being cliched, but I found it enjoyable, especially given that the hero is based on Evans' son who has Tourette Syndrome.


I am looking forward to . . . setting up a more specific schedule of sorts for crafting projects. 

I am hearing . . . quiet.

Around the house . . . I have unpacking to do and a bit of picking up from the weekend. All in all things look pretty good.

I am praying . . . many of the same people I was praying for last week. I am also praying for marriages. May we all see the value in in commitment and covenant.

One of my favorite things . . . is trying new things. I so enjoyed all the tasty food in San Francisco. Walking around the market at the Ferry Building. Riding the BART, and handling all of the buses, trains, and planes made me feel quite capable!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a good week of normal. I'm looking forward to it!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

hedgehog mushrooms -- who knew!?!?!




linking up with The Simple Woman

4 comments:

  1. I am glad your feeling better and that afghan is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list here! So... Richard Paul Evans writes YA? I didn't know that! I had to hike a bit today to rise about the cloud cover but I too found the sun and it was wonderful! (My cupboards are bare too... off to the store in the morning for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun list. I did something similar on my blog a few weeks ago and it was fun to do and to see the comments from other people.
    I'm wearing jeans a cute dress shirt with my hair down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely assortment of mushrooms. Where was this at? Your afghan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.