Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 7, 2015

Outside my window . . . it's 78 degrees with clouds and haze.

I am thinking . . . about learning to accept and embrace what is, instead of focusing on what I thought would be.

I am thankful . . . for feeling better. I had an asthma attack on Saturday that knocked me for a loop. Thankfully I was able to get some steroids even though it was July 4th and I was breathing easier by bedtime. Stayed on the sofa all day Sunday, and only did about half my day on Monday.

In the kitchen . . . tonight is grilled sausages, macaroni and cheese, and steamed broccoli.

I am creating . . . still finishing up the summer shawl from last summer!

I am going . . . to therapy and then to run errands. Hoping the breathing cooperates with all that activity. It's going to be my first full day since the asthma attack on Saturday.

I am wondering . . . how best to incorporate my interest in crafting into my daily living. I seem to be fairly haphazard about and wonder if I would be more productive if I had more of a schedule or routine.

I am reading . . . The Blood Doctor by Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell). This is another stand alone by Rendell writing as Vine. 

I am looking forward to . . . next week's retreat --  “The Rule of Saint Whatever-Your-Name-Is".

I am hearing . . . my ds talking about his computer supplies being shipped. He's building a new desktop and super excited!

Around the house . . . I've got a lot of cleaning to do! My schedule has been a little nutty and then with the asthma attack I lost a bit more ground. Hoping to make some up this week.

I am praying . . . for continued growth for myself and my family. 

One of my favorite things . . . is my morning cup of tea. I start each day with tea flavored with demerara sugar and milk. Sometimes I switched up flavors, but lately I'm been sticking strictly Irish Breakfast Tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy today. Ds's birthday is Thursday! So there will be dinner and gifts and celebrating. The weekend looks fairly calm which is a blessing.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
beautiful flowers from our trip to Wisconsin




linking up with The Simple Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.